When the cells within your gradebook are shaded a different color, this means that you have manually entered in the grade for the cell that has the yellow/orange colored cell. The system is now taking your manually entered grade, rather than pulling the grade from the activity it is linked to. If you would like to remove the "override" option so that the grade will display what the user received within the actual activity please follow the steps below:
- Log into your course.
- Click on "Grade" under the "Administration" block.
- Turn Editing on in the upper right hand corner.
- Scroll down to the student, then over to the cell you would like to correct.
- Click on the "pencil" icon. This is the "edit" button.
- Uncheck the "Overridden" box.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and "save changes"
The cell in the gradebook will now show the grade the student received within the activity itself.